Email marketing is awesome! But in 2019, one of the biggest problems with email marketing is that often emails are cluttered and unfocused.
And just sending a newsletter for the sake of meeting your weekly or monthly requirement is not effective marketing.
In order to create a successful email marketing strategy, it’s crucial to know a few things first so you can be intentional with your marketing.
Because getting people to notice your emails, open your emails, click on the stuff in your emails, and respond to your emails can be tricky.
- Know why you are sending your emails, and is not the email call to action. What I mean is, is this email you are about to send helps you achieve your marketing goal?
- Provide value by reusing best performing content from other marketing channels like Facebook or YouTube for example.
- Use your marketing calendar to by timely.
One way to improve your email marketing results is by keeping it to one very specific topic per email.
Some of the most effective emails have one clear message. If you have multiple messages to send, try breaking them up into a series of emails.
- Be concise – Reduce the length of your email until you can simplify no more. Tell the reader from the beginning why they should read it.
- Create a hierarchy – Put the most important information first for people who are short on time.
- Break it up – Use headings and bulleted lists to divide content into sections that are easy to understand. This helps scanners and skimmers.
- Add personality – Make these emails feel personal and conversational, not super buttoned-up.
Sometimes people get stuck on designing a pretty email instead of focusing on the message.
Start from scratch, send a plain text email. But if you feel like you should use a design instead of plain text most email marketing services have free basic templates.
For example, Mailchimp have 9 basic email templates.
If you are going to use photos, take your own or hire a marketing photographer so you can focus on what you need to do instead of taking pictures.
However, due to time or budget places like Unsplash can be a great resource.
Before Sending Your Email
Organize your email for quick reading. Most people spend less than 15 seconds reading marketing emails, so keep it short and sweet, prioritizing your content from top to bottom.
Keep it legible. We recommend setting the body text size within the 14-16px range, with 14px text appropriate for longer emails and 16px best for short ones (two or three sentences).
Calls to Action. Link readers to external content or ask them to do something, but don’t include too many CTAs in one email or readers won’t know what to click.
We recommend you have a minimum of 5 emails for leads and 5 emails for clients and if you need an email marketing service we recommend Aweber.
And if are starting out:
- Setup opt-in
- Connect to autoresponder web form and list to collect leads
- Setup thank you page
- Create lead magnet
- Save as downloadable
- Upload to web
- Connect lead magnet to website and follow-up message #1
- Create a broadcast/newsletter template