If you own a small business, it’s not too late to generate some extra PR for Small Business Saturday, on November 26.
American Express founded Small Business Saturday in 2010 to help small businesses get shoppers’ attention between Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Most business owners come up with the typical offer and share it on social media. That’s it.
If you want 2018 Small Business Week to work for you, I suggest you do the following before 24 November.
- Claim your business on https://foursquare.com – reward customers for checking in at your location.
- Claim your business on https://biz.yelp.com/
- Claim your business on https://www.google.com/business/
- Claim your business on https://nextdoor.com/create-business
- Claim your business on https://www.bingplaces.com/
- Claim your business on https://mapsconnect.apple.com/
- Claim your business on https://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/local
- Ask your customers via email, on social media, and in person what promotion they will love to see
- Create an incentive to draw shoppers into your store. If you don’t I can help you come up with one. (see here for details)
- Connect with other business owners – Participate or host a local event. Find out what promotions surrounding businesses are running and partner with them. Customers who bring receipts from surrounding businesses get a discount at your store.
- Announce your scheduled sales and events with a video – share the video on social media and send the video on an email update to your email list
- Update your blog – Remind people to support you on Small Business Saturday
- Plan an in-store sign up for your email list
- Tell your customers about your Small Business Saturday promotions
- Hire a videographer
- Pre-write social media posts
- Gather all the images you want to use
- Write a blog post about the event
- Pre-write emails
- Seek partnerships with local influencers
- Identify Facebook groups you can promote your event on
- Tweet about the event and pin the tweet
- Post on Facebook about the event and pin the post to the top
- Record a video announcement and upload it to Youtube and your other social media profiles
On November 24th
- Place signs in your window and around our store
- Spread the word on social media
- Send an email reminder to your clients and prospects
- Have the videographer record what’s going in your store and surrounding areas.
- Post pictures from the event as it is happening.
After November 24th
- Record a video and thank everyone that participated on social media
- Thank your customers via email
- Share on video what went well so you can repeat it next year and what you will like to improve
- Share the video the videographer shot
- Remind your customers that your sales continue all season long to keep them coming back throughout December.
- Update your marketing calendar
Use https://www.canva.com to create your promotion graphics.
You are busy and need help? Click here https://www.angelanderson.com/coaching/ to reach out to find out if and how we can help you.